Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

St Jude's Cellars

St Jude's Cellars

St Jude's earned 10 points automatically for their booking system. I was looking for somewhere nice for a Saturday night dinner for four with two hours notice (terribly ambitious). They use Dimmi and I was able to make a booking for 8.15 at 6pm with no fuss, and, miraculously the table was ready for us when we arrived. We shared a platter (nice but unremarkable) and I had a steak for my main. I loved the salad and the hand cut fries but I wasn't blown away by my beef, pre cut for me (the nerve!). Overall, the place was pretty good, the service was friendly and professional and the price was fair. My biggest gripe was with the positioning of the bar tables for the drinkers. I do acknowledge that it was Saturday night but my dining buddy had to put up with standing patrons leaning into him/over him/next to him while he tried to eat his meal. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment