Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bistro Guillaume



Bistro Guillaume was the good food guide’s 2008 best new restaurant so my two friends and I were rightfully expecting good things on a Wednesday night visit.
The entree’s were fabulous. We had a large share plate of homemade pate’s and pickles. The main courses let the place down a little for me though. There was nothing remarkable about my fish and for $38 I would expect there should be. My twp partners reviews were also lukewarm on the food, although we were impressed by the fish and chips (see picture.)
Unfortunately the service was disappointing. The restaurant was understaffed and so we were left waiting long periods for food, drinks and the bill. I had not been to Crown since a serious of high end restaurants have parked there but as I expected the vibe was a little artificial. It reminded me more of a cruise ship where adjoining rooms are painted and decorated differently to give the illusion that they are separate ‘restaurants’ that don’t in fact share the same kitchen. (Not that I am insinuating Guillaume and Perry are doing anything like that.
Since I visited the restaurant has been demoted to one hat status which is consistent with my view. Quite unremarkable. 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment